Wednesday, April 11, 2012

The Sin Collector (Book 1) by Jessica Fortunato

Summary:
The Sin Collector follows the life of Liliana, a born Sin Collector. She has spent over 100 years absorbing people's sins so they may rest in peace come death. However when she meets another Collector, one who insists everything she has been taught is a lie, Liliana must make her way from Sunny L.A. all the way to the streets of Madrid. Searching for answers to a question we all share. Why are we here? The friends and enemies she makes along the way only seem to blur the line between right and wrong. Can Liliana fight the Castus, an organization bent on killing off every Sin-Eater? Should she trust her head or her heart when the two most important men in her life are fighting alongside her?
Then there is the worst question of all, who will be left when the dust settles.

Reviewer: Fashionta
I have bit a secret to confess, when I'm not reading romance, I read comics and watch a lot of TV. In fact, when I wrote this review I took a break from reviewing as I was a bit addictted to my latest addition to my DVD collection. Why am I mentioning this in this review? Well, The Sin Collector was asked to be reviewed by the author and when I saw it, I said yes because it reminded a me a little bit of a manga called Death Note which became an anime series and then later a live action two part movie.

I immensely enjoyed The Sin Collector I like the characters, the concept, and ideas that are flowing through this story. It’s a book that manages to visit many ideas and places whitout becoming overbearing. I won’t give anything away and spoiler but I will say it's the right combination and I enjoyed it. I would like to see more background information because it’s a bit light in some areas. For example, the ritual that Olexnder under took, we didn’t learn about, so as I would have liked to as we did about the other ritual. Also, I didn’t get the starting bit before the first chapter with the heading I, if was meant to be an excerpt I would expect at least another paragraph and the heading of "excerpt" instead what was there. I have to give this book four stars.

Publisher: Kindle Press

0 comments:

Post a Comment