Monday, April 30, 2012

Rake's Honour by Beverley Oakley

Summary:
No debutante was ever more desperate to escape the clutches of a detestable suitor than Fanny Brightwell.

With just weeks before the end of the Season, London’s most daring debutante Miss Fanny Brightwell must contract a brilliant match or face the consequences—marriage to the pestilential Lord Slyther.

When Fanny unexpectedly participates in a night of stupendous passion with the delectable but notorious rake, Viscount Fenton, his offer of a carte blanche instead of holy matrimony ignites more than just a polite refusal. The time has come for Fanny to take the reins.

Reviewer: Dolce Amore
I usually don’t like to read too many historical books because I find them boring, unreal, or full of errors. But this one was wonderful!

Miss Fanny Brightwell has to marry a rich man because her father lost everything before he died. When Alverley, the man Miss Fanny hoped to marry tells her that he wants her just as his mistress, she is devastated; that means that she'll have to marry the pestilential Lord Slyther, but that night she meets Viscount Fenton.

At first, Lord Fenton wants to marry her… however, after some lies by a jealous man and some misunderstandings he believes that Miss Fanny was a consummate lover and he offers carte blanche instead.

What a splendid book! I loved every moment of it. Ms. Beverley Oakley created an original and amazing plot. She keeps our attention through the whole book. And the characters… what can I say? Outstanding! I loved Mis Fanny and adore Lord Fenton. I enjoyed with their misunderstanding and I was delighted by their torrid and passionate meetings. And the end… made me burst out laughing. It rocks!

5 stars for her and I can hardly wait to read her new release… Ms. Beverley Oakley, I’m not above begging for more! I expect I won’t have to wait too much longer for it, you are now one of my favorite writers.

Publisher: Total E-Bound
Review Courtesy Of: ManicReaders

0 comments:

Post a Comment