Saturday, February 25, 2012

The Cowboy And The Rose by Tess Quinn

Summary:
A bond from the past, desire steeped in magic, love forged in passion... Gabe Burdock has two weeks to bond his power with April Willow or lose his magic. As a witch, his control over the earth contributes to the success of his vineyard, and he'll sacrifice anything to keep it...anything except his heart.

To escape her abusive father's control, April is ready to bond with Gabe, even if it means tying herself to a cowboy who claims he can't love her. But when Gabe and April touch, their passion explodes, and their magical bond cannot be denied. Can they put aside their fears and risk everything for love? Or will two witches lose their chance at happiness?

Reviewer: Dolce Amore
The last three years of the life of April Willow were traumatic, because after the death of her mother, her father turned into a drunk. Now she's discovered that if she doesn’t bond with a man she doesn’t know during the two weeks after she turns twenty-five, she will die. That’s why she goes to Burdock vineyard, to meet Gabriel Burdock, the man she must bond to.

Gabriel doesn’t want a woman; he still loves Jamie, his ex-fiancée. The woman who left him because he didn’t agree to choose her above Burdock vineyard, the family business.

But the magic that links them and the attraction between them turns out to be too strong to resist. However, now Jamie wants Gabriel back…

I must confess that I’ve read Ms. Tess Quinn’s first book, The Bewitched Cowboy (related to this book and soon to be republished under the title Cowboy's Destiny), a year or so ago and I enjoyed it. So when I saw her name on this book, I grabbed it. And I can say the book and the writer didn’t disappoint me.

I loved the story and the concept too. After all the books I’ve read about witches, I considered this one unique. We have a man and a woman linked… so far nothing new, but they have two weeks to bond to one another or she will die and he will lose his powers. Wonderful!!!

I also loved the characters, they are lovely and credible. So, I can't rate this book less than 5 stars. And I’ll wait for the next book from this author.

Publisher: The Wild Rose Press
Review Courtesy Of: ManicReaders

0 comments:

Post a Comment