Saturday, February 18, 2012

The Photographer's Assistant by Andrew Grey

Summary:
In The Photographer's Assistant, best-selling author Andrew Grey sets the backdrop for successful Christian, a nationally known erotic photographer, and his assistant, David , the efficient but demure type who is always there for his boss... Will these two star-crossed lovers ever find a way to come together?

Reviewer: TigerLily
I've read most of Andrew Grey's books, I'm a big fan, so I naturally picked up The Photographer's Assistant. I had very high hopes for this novella and it didn't disappoint. The writing style was beautiful and highly emotional. I loved David and had a love hate relationship with Christian.

The only problem I had was that while reading this book I felt like I had read it before. The reason for that is because it's almost identical to Take My Picture by Giselle Ellis. Both stories were about a photographer and his assistant that are secretly in love with each other. Both stories the photographer sleeps with countless amounts of his clients, while the assistant becomes broken hearted over it each time. Both stories the assistant is also a struggling artist (in this story David is also a photographer). And in both stories the photographer secretly takes pictures of the assistant and does a grand gesture of showing his love by showing the photos to his assistant. The problem with that in this story was that David was the one that uploaded and organized all of Christian's photos, so how would he have missed the photos of himself if they were mixed in with the photos Christian had taken while working?

But besides the the similarities I really loved this book, the emotions seemed just right and the story was pulling. I'm giving this 4.5 stars, only reason it's not 5 is because I just couldn't get over how similar the two books were.

This story was sold in the anthology In Bed With the Boss, it was combined with another story by author Ryan Field that this reviewer did not read or reviewed.

Publisher: Ravenous Romance

0 comments:

Post a Comment