Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Prodigal by A.M. Arthur

Summary:
After escaping its mysterious grasp twelve years ago, Ethan Wilde never thought he'd return to Kingston, North Carolina—until the murder of an old schoolmate draws him back to the hometown he fears and the love he left behind. Rooted to Kingston by a force he can't explain, Jesse couldn't leave with Ethan when he asked, and it's a choice he's always regretted. A choice based on a terrible secret they share with four others. When they were nine years old, the six of them were taken into the woods, and no one is exactly sure what happened to them. Only that they came out changed. Marked. Twenty years later, the evil that hunted them is back and it's collected two souls already. Ethan and Jesse's love defeated the monster once, but are old feelings strong enough to save the survivors a second time?

Reviewer: RedDragonfly
I'm not so fond of horror stories but this one caught me from the beginning. I'm also not a very patient person and I fought so hard with myself not to jump to the end and know what was happening but I just couldn’t do it, because I was afraid of missing any detail. It felt like watching a movie more than reading a book, the only thing missing was the music. I swear to God I was on edge the whole time, not knowing what would happen next. The plot was well done and unpredictable and the writing was beautiful. I would give it 4.5 stars because the ending left some unanswered questions.

Publisher: Musa Publishing
Review Courtesy Of: ManicReaders

1 comments:

Bette said...

Congratulations A.M. Arthur for a great review. On my "to read" list!

Post a Comment