Thursday, February 2, 2012

When I Fall (An Uncommon Whore 2) by Belinda McBride

Summary:
As king, Helios Dayspring is desperate to secure the future of his people and their new homeworld. His lost memories are slowly returning, bringing with them danger and betrayal.

As the king’s consort, Griffin Hawke wrestles with growing isolation from his lover. When Helios’s secrets begin to come to light, Griffin finds that he barely recognizes him anymore. And Griffin is haunted by his own secrets, nightmares that bring torture and death in his sleep.

Surrounded by enemies and allies, seductive aliens and dangerous operatives, Helios and Griffin find themselves tested to their physical and moral limits. Not knowing who to trust, they can only turn to each other.

Will you be there to catch me when I fall?

Publisher's Note: This book contains explicit sexual situations, graphic language, and material that some readers may find objectionable: male/male sexual practices, violence.

Reviewer: RedDragonfly
I loved Pasha the slave, in the first book because he was sweet, sensuous, and passionate yet also innocent. In this book I loved Lio the king and the kind of man he became, his absolute love for Griffin, and his loyalty to his people. Griffin has insecurities because of his scars and feels less because Lio can’t share a lot with him but throughout all this, their love for each other is undeniable.

When Lio ask “what happens if I fall?” Grif answered “I’ll catch you.” That about explains their love to each other and their stand towards each other. I loved this book as much as I loved the first one, maybe because when I read a book, I always wonder what happens next after the HEA, what kind of problems they will face. In this book I had the chance to know, although I feel that there is some unsolved issues that will require a third book. The plot was nicely done and the book beautifully written. I give it 4.5 stars.

Publisher: Loose Id
Review Courtesy Of: ManicReaders

0 comments:

Post a Comment