Friday, February 17, 2012

A Vampire in Whitechapel by Scarlet Blackwell

Summary:
A bloodsucker discovers he's not the only monster stalking the streets of Victorian London, when his nightly search for sustenance brings him face-to-face with the city's most notorious butcher - Jack the Ripper. A short story from our Spectres horror line.

Reviewer: BlackTulip
I guessed how it would end when I finished reading the blurb, but I was still curious about it. I always was fascinated by the hellish and mysterious "Jack the Ripper". I have read a lot about it and I love the Victorian era, so why not!

Scarlet Blackwell is a wonderful story teller and she masterfully recreates this dark, damp, and so unhealthy atmosphere of the East End. We discover the maze of winding streets through Abel's eyes, a vampire, as he walks those streets every night looking for his next meal. And of course, how could they not then meet when roaming these same streets in the darkness!

I won't say more about the story, but I will just add that this vampire is an unusual and interesting one.

Overall it was good but much too short and to be frank I was waiting for something more that never came. At the end I remained unsatisfied.

But any fan of that specific period should read it. I give 3/5.

Publisher: Untreed Reads

0 comments:

Post a Comment