Monday, February 27, 2012

The Marsh Hawk by Dawn Mactavish

Summary:
It was to be a gala three-day event at Moorhaven Manor, the rambling country estate of Lady Jenna Hollingsworth's betrothed, Viscount Rupert Marner. To be attended by half the Cornish nobility, not to mention a host of peers from London, it would be a diversion of picnicking, riding, archery, and shooting. it would end in Jenna marrying another.

But was her new husband the same man who had killed her father? After one night of passion, she began to wonder. The jarring aroma of leather, tobacco and recently drunk wine drifting toward her on the breeze--she remembered it so well, as well as the tall, muscular shape beneath the multi-caped greatcoat, and those eye of blue fire through the holes in his mask. Oh yes, she remembered the man with whom she shared a secret past. He was the highwayman known as...The Marsh Hawk....

Reviewer: BlackTulip
I thought after reading the blurb that it would be a good and entertaining story ... Regency, Cornwall, and Highwaymen are appealing and exciting elements ... Well I think that I have never read such a crazy story as this one! I felt completely overwhelmed by that book. There was too much of everything.

I'm generally the kind of person who likes descriptions but very quickly I felt that I was drowning. As a result, I skipped a lot of them. I found the writing and style rather heavy and exaggerated.

Love at first sight is alright with me but to marry in such a hasty way, without knowing each other like they did was too much, in my opinion it was not believable . And then it got worse, the more they were in love, the worst their actions and reactions were.

At twenty two years old, Lady Jenna seemed to me at first a sensible and determined young lady but she turned out to be ridiculously stubborn and immature. She couldn't stop crying for anything and everything. Simon Rutherford, The Earl of Kevernwood was not better. He was far too stubborn and proud. The whole book is a big miscommunication between the two main characters, Jenna and Simon. It was exhausting and irritating.

Even the end has a double layer. But when you think it's over, at last, it's not. I can only give 2/5 !

Publisher: Leisure Books

0 comments:

Post a Comment