Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Something Like Fate by Susane Colasanti

Summary:
Best friends Lani and Erin couldn?'t be more different. Lani'?s reserved and thoughtful; Erin'?s bubbly and outgoing. Lani likes to do her own thing; Erin prefers an entourage. There'?s no possible way they could be interested in the same guy.
So when Erin starts dating Jason, Lani can?'t believe she feels such a deep connection with him? and it may be mutual. The more Lani fights it, the more certain she feels that it?'s her fate to be with Jason. But what do you do when the love of your life is the one person you can?'t have?

Reviewer: TigerLily
This is only the second book by Ms. Susane Colasanti that I've read but I did find this book a little more enjoyable than the other, which I honestly can't even remember the name of. I found this book to be a good, funny read but it seemed to be lacking in character depth; so I had I hard time falling in love with the characters. Another thing I noticed about this book was that it's pretty much the same book as The Unwritten Rule by E. Scott that came out about the same time. I believe this was just chance, but I think because both books are so similar, they will be hard to tell the difference between when I try to remember both of them in the future.

Like I stated above, this book lacked character depth. I felt like both Jason and Blake were both very one dimensional and we never got to know them. With Blake, I can understand that being ok because he wasn't as predominant a character as Jason, but Jason was one of two main characters and we never really got to know him. Sure, we knew a few of the things he liked but there was never any depth to him.

The writing was easy and flowed well but because of the lack of character depth I'm giving this book 3.5 stars.

Publisher: Kindle Edition

0 comments:

Post a Comment