Sunday, February 26, 2012

Spliced by Robin Leigh Miller

Summary:
For ten years, Avery Easton has quietly lusted after her twin brother’s best friend, Ridge Gates. When the cruel, cold hand of fate takes her brother’s life, Avery and Ridge turn to each other in grief and share a night of ecstasy. But mind-blowing sex with the man of her dreams can’t push away Avery’s reality.

Violent and terrifying events have followed her brother’s body home and introduced Avery to another man…one who’s willing to give her everything she needs. And then there’s the secret she harbors that could tear her and Ridge apart even as it connects them for the rest of their lives.

A promise on the battlefield led Ridge straight into the arms of the woman he knows he has no business being with, but can’t stay away from. If he fails to come to terms with his broken body and Avery’s revelations, he could lose her forever—if not to another man, then to the violence that brought Ridge and Avery together.

Reviewer: RedDragonfly
I can't say anything bad about this book... in fact it's one of the best books I've read in awhile. I haven't read any other works of Ms. Robin Leigh Miller but I'm definitely checking out her previous books.

I also haven't read many returning solider stories but I could feel the emotions of Ridge's last mission, to the guilt of surviving while other members of his unit didn't.

One thing please tell me that Kevin Stone is getting his own book? After reading how he helped Avery out and the mysterious hints to his background, I would so love to know more about him. I rate this book 5 stars.

Publisher: Ellora's Cave
Review Courtesy Of: ManicReaders

1 comments:

Robin Leigh Miller said...

RedDragonfly, Thank you so much for taking the time to read Spliced. I'm glad you enjoyed it! And, yes! Kevin Stone will be getting his very own story. Stay tuned........

Post a Comment