Thursday, April 19, 2012

Wasteland (Wasteland 1) by Lynn Rush

Summary:
Bound by the blood contract his human mother signed four centuries ago, half-demon, David Sadler, must obey his demonic Master's order to capture fifteen-year-old Jessica Hanks. But as he learns more about her, he realizes she may be the key to freedom from his dark enslavement.
The only obstacle-Jessica's distractingly beautiful Guardian, Rebeka Abbott. He must not give in to their steamy chemistry, or he will lose his humanity. But fresh off a quarter millennia of sensory deprivation as punishment for not retrieving his last target, he may not be able to resist temptation long enough to save what's left of his human soul.

Reviewer: Dolce Amore
Half demon David, is back on Earth after two hundred and forty five years in solitary confinement, the Master pulled him five years early, and he has to find a young woman, Jessica Hanks, or he will suffer another two hundred and fifty years. All he knows about her is that she’s fifteen, an orphan, and bears The Mark of Elpida on the small of her back. And she must be in Club Noir.

But, he finds instead Beka, a Guardian. And they are eternal enemies.
Eyes closed, arms raised toward the ceiling, as if paying homage to the music gods, she swayed to the slow tempo. The ruby red, silk dress clung to the contours of her firm body. Her narrow hips swished doing a slow, erotic belly dance just for me. A thin layer of perspiration glistened on her skin, reflecting the flashing white, red, and neon green lights.
My breath hitched.
Beauty of such magnitude belonged in the Garden, not a place such as this.
I love the description Ms. Lynn Rush creates about how David is fighting against his demon while he is at the club… or he will converted into a full-blooded demon.
She tilted her head and inhaled. The gesture alone lured my gaze down. Her soft curves, confined by the scarlet fabric taunted me. The demon’s searing hunger for her pierced my chest.
I’d fought the temptation to turn for four centuries. I wouldn’t break now.
However, as a half demon, he can't be killed. Just from that moment he would be a full one. And this is how we find out how he came to be what he is.
I rubbed the black crescent inked over my heart, Master’s symbol of his ownership. Sold to him by my mother, contract signed in her blood. I ground my teeth at the thought. Trapped for eternity because of her.
And while he is searching for the girl, the attraction he feels for Beka slowly converts into something more. And in the moment he has to choose between giving Jessica to his master and kill Beka or suffer a long torture, he choose to save Beka and delays the decision of giving Jessica. And that gives him a chance of redemption…

I loved the story from the start until the very last word. This is the first of Ms. Lynn Rush’s book I've read and I must say that I will look for the next one, it will be released in May. She did a wonderful job with the characters, writes a wonderful story, and I will give it 5 stars.

Publisher: Crescent Moon Press

3 comments:

LynnRush said...

Thank you so much for reading and reviewing Wasteland! I'm so happy you enjoyed the story! I loved writing about my tortured soul, David. He's near and dear to my heart. Stay tuned for book 2 (Awaited)---that's Russell's story!!! :)

Thanks again.

Unknown said...

I love the sound of this book and will be keeping my eye out for it. Thanks for reviewing the book otherwise I may not have found it.


Book Enslaved

Louann Carroll said...

Sounds wonderful, Lynn. Congratulations on both books!

Post a Comment