Monday, April 16, 2012

Lust for Vengeance (Big Deal 1) by Katsura & Yuramei

Summary:
Bank robbers, bordellos and a whole lot of bed-hopping, as British black comedy meets Yaoi in a head on collision.

Fergus Campbell is straight out of prison with only one thought in his mind, to pay back his former friend and partner in crime, Judas MacGregor for stitching him up and sending him there in the first place. What he least expects on his return to his old haunts, is to fall head over heels in love with Mikhail, the stunningly beautiful owner of the best little whorehouse in town.

After one night of bliss with Mikhail, Fergus resolves to make the blond bombshell his own. But there is one thing that stands in the way between him and a relationship with the man of his dreams. He is already married the psychotic young alcoholic, Hugo. Although their marriage has been falling apart for years, the spoiled Hugo won’t let go of his meal ticket so easily. What follows can only be a wild ride of lust, mayhem and revenge!

Reviewer: TigerLily
Fergus just got out of prison, with vengeance against his best friend Judas in his mind. Then he meets Mikhail, the owner of a whorehouse and he feels an immediate attraction to him, but the problem is that Fergus is married to the young and obsessive Hugo. I liked the story and the fast paced action; it was like an action movie with all gangsters and corrupted cops. The storyline was good and I loved the illustrations inside the book, although I would have loved to see more. The characters were likeable although my feelings towards them changed with the scenes. I didn't like it when Fergus hit Hugo, cause this is the only thing I hate, when someone hits a weaker person and it made me hate Fergus. His excuses for marrying Hugo were his own problem, so I felt sorry for Hugo because deep down he's weak and dependent on Fergus emotionally and financially and this is not a good place to be. Then I hated Hugo when he showed his other face and how calculating and demented he can be. Although Judas was a thug really, I couldn’t help but like him. He had a nice sense of humor and a appealing rebellious side, I also loved his loyalty to sweet Vinny. Mikhail was a breath of fresh air in the whole story. I liked his character, his calmness, and his style.

What can I say? Although the ending wasn't satisfying to me and I believe that is how the author wanted it to be, but it proved that no matter what these characters are, thieves, criminals, or thugs they are still humans, who love, suffer, betray, make mistakes, and sacrifice for each other. I can’t wait for the second installment, as I need to know what happens next and I need to know more about Judas and Vinny. I give it 4.5 stars, only because the author will make me wait.

Publisher: Ai Press

0 comments:

Post a Comment