Thursday, April 12, 2012

Charmeine (The Light-Bearer 1) by Emily Guido

Summary:
Can romance develop between a heavenly Light-Bearer and a hellish vampire Blood-Hunter?

Tabbruis is a Blood-Hunter, he drinks blood to survive. Over millennia Tabbruis has wondered the Earth alone aimlessly living through many historical events.

Charmeine just came to the Earth in 1997. Little did she know her destiny was to be Queen of all the Light-Bearers?

When Tabbruis meets Charmeine the attraction is immediate and passionate. They are polar opposites and clash together in a strongly romantic and dramatic way. When she meets Tabbruis, Charmeine’s powers as a Light-Bearer, one who throws lightning, is triggered and grows exponentially.

Charmeine and Tabbruis soon find out they were made by God for each other; however, on the day God cast Lucifer out of Heaven, they were split up by some mistake. Charmeine sacrificed herself to save her Tabbruis but they were sent to Earth as total opposites and in different times. Tabbruis never remembered Heaven, Charmeine or their child. Until he met Charmeine, he did not know he was the King of Darkness and destined to be her Husband on Earth as he was in Heaven.

Once Tabbruis and Charmeine proclaim their love for one another, they have to battle their way to freedom from the evil forces on Earth.

Reviewer: Fashionta
I haven’t really caught onto the whole angel craze in paranormal novels. I know that Nalini Singh, J.R. Ward, and Nora Roberts have series that are still going and there are a few others and I love paranormal, so when this author's book was brought to my attention by the ladies of Making Connections ARR (Authors Requesting Reviews) program, which has introduced me to a lot of wonderful authors, I jumped at it and I wasn’t disappointed.

Emily has written an amazing book and I mean really amazing. She has a talent for writing and the ability to put a story to paper so quickly. Now this ain’t your ordinary story. She has combined the two sub genres of paranormal, vampires and angels, and done it very successfully. But you really don’t notice it because of the way is written. She has named them as light bearers and blood hunters but fans of paranormal will recognised them though.

I have to give this book fives stars. When the next in the series comes out, I will be waiting to read it to see where she takes this series that has so many possibilities after the conclusion of the first book.

Publisher: WordPress

3 comments:

Emily Guido said...

Thank you for this review! I am humbled and stunned and overjoyed! Thank you for reading Charmeine even though I was a BRAND NEW author!

Emily Guido!

Kimberly @ Caffeinated Reviewer said...

I hadn't heard of this, but it sounds interesting..thanks for bringing it to my attention. Fantastic review :)

Tash M said...

@Emily
I love indie authors and your blurb caught my eye and it was worth the time.

@kimba88 It from Making Conections ARR program and it's still avaliable

Post a Comment