Monday, May 21, 2012

A Life Without You (Boston Boys 1) by Erica Pike

Summary:
Jesse's like a bar of soap: the tighter Adam holds on, the faster Jesse slips away. Or that's how it feels to Adam. It doesn't help that Jesse has a girlfriend back home and claims to be straight, but there's no way with all the sparks and physical intimacy flying between the two roommates.

When Adam believes he has reached his ultimate happiness, the bedroom walls come crashing down with a visit from Jesse's girlfriend.

Now Jesse has to decide if he can come to terms with his sexuality, while Adam has to learn to accept that Jesse might never be able to crawl out of the closet.

Reviewer: Fashionta
Ok, normally I never read books that make you want to scream and pull out your hair with emotions or cheating ( which I absolutely hate! ) So to say this was a bit of a challenge for me…well maybe I needed a good challenge, because it seems that’s just what I got. It started out really good. It’s beautifully written, just a hard subject for me with the cheating involved. I enjoyed the bantering back and forth between Jesse and Adam in the beginning. Adam’s friend Eric; well let's just say everyone needs a friend like Eric!

The kiss in the bathroom after the party, omg…totally hot! I only wish Jesse would quit with the “I’m not gay” and wake up! With all the questions and looks, it’s so obvious. But the way he keeps stringing Adam along, than pushing him away, saying I’m not gay… so not cool! You never know when Jesse will flip on you, cause one second he’s so sweet and caring and even a bit cuddly with Adam, and than wham…”I’m not gay.”

Sigh, it became too much, over and over again. Adam could do so much better than just taking what he can get. Eric is just totally awesome and all his “Friends” are hilarious! I loved it when they all got together! I loved how Eric just took charge and pulled Adam together, after Jesse hurts him yet again, only this time he went too far. Though it seems that it also helped Jesse finally wake up! Hahaha, the Jesse Jar was a great idea! It felt like everything finally fell into place at the end.

I give this 4 stars…because after all it was beautifully written, and even though the emotions were all over the place, I did enjoy it.

Publisher: MLR Press
Review Courtesy Of: ManicReaders

0 comments:

Post a Comment