Monday, May 7, 2012

'Til Death Do Us Part by Dianna Hardy

Summary:
The day you get married, is supposed to be the happiest day of your life. Dreams are made of such things. But I forgot. I could blame the witch if I wanted to – in fact I did, for quite a while after – but the fault can only lie with me. Being with him made me so happy – so very, very happy – that I chose to forget. I chose amnesia. If I had had any foresight into how my flippant choice would ruin him, I would have saved him the heartbreak. I would have forfeited my knowing him, my own selfishness, lived forever in the pain of unfulfillment, if it meant he could be spared....

When you love someone so much that your heart aches without them in your life, would you give up everything you've ever known to be with them? Would you give up your identity?

This is exactly what Aria did. But her sacrifice comes at a great cost, with startling consequences. With no memory of her previous life, she's forgotten what she really is, and who she's left behind: a jealous, possessive God, who's finally found her, and will stop at nothing to keep her heart from ever straying again.

In this dark and erotically passionate retelling of The Little Mermaid, can a love founded on humanity, stand the passing of time, an angry sea-God, and even death itself?

Reviewer: Dolce Amore
Who's read The Little Mermaid”? I guess we all did. Well, this story is a version of what it could be.

At a young age, Aria falls in love with a human, her prince, Simon. And although she is to marry the sea-god, she makes a deal with a sea-witch to convert her into a woman, so she could be with her lover. And, in exchange, the witch took all her memories.

For ten years Aria had a wonderful life with her human; however, on their wedding night, he breaks the spell which made her human, by giving his heart to her.

Forced to marry the god, she refuses to say his name; in the ten years that passed since that day, she never said his name, no matter what he did to her, and he hurt her in so many ways.

Hurt and still suffering from the loss of her lover, she helps a mermaid that changed her life. She gives her two choices: convert Simon into a merman so he could be with her, or to die a true death… the one of a human.

I won’t say what happened next; I'll let you find out. I will just say that the end is surprising. So, what can I say about the story? In the first place, it's the first book by Ms. Dianna Hardy I’ve read and I must say she impressed me. It's a short story, but full of emotion and imagination.

Ms. Dianna Hardy captured my attention with every word, and although the start was a little bit confusing. In the end, I was totally linked to Aria, and I loved it. I will give it just 4.5 stars because the end was a bit too surprising.

Publisher: Self Published
Review Courtesy Of: ManicReaders

0 comments:

Post a Comment