Monday, May 14, 2012

Leashed by a Wolf (The Shifters of Hillside 1) by Cherie Nicholls

Summary:
Mechanic Laney St. Clair doesn’t want much in life. All she wants is to run her father’s garage as she sees fit, her brothers to stop treating her like she is still their baby sister, and for Heath Marsterson to realise that under all the grease and overalls she is a grown woman, ready, willing, and able to show him just how talented her hands can be.

Heath’s an alpha shifter who knows he needs a mate to help him rule. A strong woman who can stand with him and up to him when needed, a woman who can help keep his pack safe. What he doesn’t need is a fragile human whose family protects her as if she’s made of spun glass. No matter how persuasive little Laney-girl tries to be or how much he wants her, Heath knows she’ll never be strong enough to handle his true self no matter what she says, moans, screams…

Reviewer: Dolce Amore
Laney St. Clair wanted to have Heath Marsterson from the moment he moved into the area.
She had waited five years for this night. Five long years of cold lonely nights, dreaming of nothing but his shoulder-length white-blond hair, and that six foot plus, hard muscular frame.
Heath knows that Laney is his mate, but she is a human and he fears that she couldn’t stand by herself in the middle of the pack, especially with the old Alpha back in town, causing problems.

In the middle of all this, we have sizzling scenes and some humor. Here is one most hilarious dialogue I ever read, when Heath expected to have all the night with Laney and the pack came to see a game… I couldn’t stop laughing.
“Dude, we thought we could watch the game on your large-screen TV.”
“Not tonight, people,” Heath told them.
“Dude!” Wall huffed.
“No.”
Laney watched the byplay, shaking her head. Were all packs this goofy?
“Dude.” Wall smiled with open arms.
“No.” Heath said again.
“But dude.”
It was just too shameful watching two grown naked men standing there speaking in one-word sentences.
And if you think that this is the most amusing part of the book, check the conversation between Heath and Laney’s mother.

And we also have the words of Heath when he finally realizes that Laney is made for him:
What I want is forever. I want us to grow old and grey together, to run the pack together, and I want us to have many pups. I want us to be a family. You mean more to me than my next breath, Laney-girl, more than seeing another day.
Isn’t it romantic? Although I felt that the book ended too soon and lacked in action, the story is based on the relation between characters, it was wonderful and I will give it 4.5 stars.

Publisher: Liquid Silver Books

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Dolce!

WOW! I am soooo glad I stopped by your blog because Leashed by a Wolf sounds so yummy! When I read romance/erotic romance, I like my heroes to be alphas. Heath definitely sounds alpha! I'll be adding this one to my to-read pile! Thanks so much for the review/recommendation!

Best Wishes,
Mia at The Muses Circle

Em said...

This sounds like a winner to me, adding to my TBR

Post a Comment