Friday, December 16, 2011

Faded Star by Shawn Bailey

Summary:
Drunk and distraught over a news report about his sexuality, movie star Heath Evans accidentally drives his truck into a freeway embankment. Expecting to be ostracized by family and fans alike, he welcomes death.
Physical therapist Seiji Kichida doesn't let the often rude actor faze him with his insults and stereotypical comments. His job is to tend Heath's injured body, not heal his injured soul, but lonely Seiji has idolized Heath since he first arrived in America. Can he help Heath face his future as an openly gay man? He'll need to stand up to Heath's rage, but will he succumb to the actor's sensual glances and tender advances?

Reviewer: Fashionta
I’ve read a few Shawn Bailey books, and enjoyed them, so I was sure I’d enjoy this one. I really liked the idea behind this short story, and it was a cute story. I’m not sure how I feel about how Seiji and Heath’s relationship started. I would have liked to see it prolonged a bit, or dragged out more. The chemistry between Seiji and Heath wasn’t as strong as I would have liked either. More details would have been nice, or at least more back story on both characters. It was still sweet how Seiji was able to help Heath through some difficult issues and with his therapy. Maybe there can be another longer story to follow up on the relationship of Heath and Seiji?

I give this 3 stars. As it was a good read, and I’d really like to see more on Heath and Seiji!

Publisher: Silver Publishing
Review Courtesy Of: ManicReaders

0 comments:

Post a Comment