Thursday, December 8, 2011

Not An Angel (Poryria Guardian Novel 1) by Dawn Chartier

Summary:
Kira McCoy wants to die. Losing her husband and daughter tragically left her without hope. Now her disturbed brother-in-law will stop at nothing to have her for himself. All she wants is to find peace, but instead finds herself on top of a bridge ready to end her suffering.

Protector of the Poryria, Trace Stuart is called to defend his race or embrace death. Defending humans is not part of the plan, but he cannot stop himself from saving Kira.
Realizing that he shares a special bond with Kira, Trace defies his Queen and rushes into the heart of darkness in order to rescue the woman he loves. Will Kira be able to reach past her own pain to pull them both into the light?

Reviewer: Dolce Amore
After I read the book summary I was very interested in reading the book. I mean, who can resist when the heroine is a damsel in distress and the hero is a vampire? Not me, I swear.

The book captivated me from the start; the descriptions were so impressive that I felt like I was there, seeing it all thru Kira’s eyes, suffering the pain she was feeling. And when she tried to commit suicide, I was there with her… understanding why she tried to do it. And who won’t understand it after losing her little daughter and her husband?

But Trace Stuart was there too and he saved her. Because of that a bond was created between them and they started to dream of each other, sharing their dreams. It wasn’t supposed to be able to happen with a human, but it did.

Then we find out that the death of Kira’s loved ones wasn’t an accident and a suicide, but murder and that the criminal wants her dead too. Trace discovers things from his past that now threaten his present with Kira. Will they succeed in fighting the evil that wants them dead?

It was a wonderful book, and I enjoyed it very much. I would have liked there to have been more details about the death of Kira’s daughter, this part was a little bit confusing to me, but the rest of the book was great. I will wait impatiently for the next book of Ms. Dawn Chartier, as she has become one of my favorite writers. I give it 4.5 stars.

Publisher: Amazon Kindle
Review Courtesy Of: ManicReaders

1 comments:

Dawn Chartier said...

Thank you for the wonderful review, Dolce.

Post a Comment