Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Honored Vow (Change of Heart 3) by Mary Calmes

Summary:
Sequel to Trusted Bond

Jin Rayne is still growing into his frightening new powers as a nekhene cat and his place as reah of Logan Church’s tribe when he learns that a sepat, an honor challenge, has been called. Logan, who has never wanted to do anything but lead his small-town tribe, must travel around the world to Mongolia and fight to become the most powerful leader in the werepanther world.

Logan won’t be the only one making the journey. As his mate, Jin must fight with him to honor his commitment to Logan, his culture, and his tribe. But the trial is long, involving a prolonged separation between the two men, and Logan’s humanity is at stake. In order to make it through the nightmarish sepat, Jin and Logan must accept their fates, trust each other, and honor the vows between them no matter the cost.

Reviewer: TigerLily
Honored Vow is the third story in the Change of Heart Series, it is also the last book that is to be focused on Jin and Logan. I have loved the first 2 books, Change of Heart, and Trusted Bond by Mary Calmes, so I knew I wouldn’t have anything to worry about with this one – let me tell you…I wasn’t wrong!

I’m not even sure where to begin. I simply LOVED this book, the plot, the characters, everything! But I will say in the very, very beginning...I was debating. I almost put it down! It was a very good thing I continued on though. I can’t remember crying to much over a book recently and this one was so emotional for me. I loved seeing all the characters we remember from the previous books, as well as some new ones. There was practically never a break to breathe or if we were lucky enough to get one, it didn’t last. LOL.

Jin is having to learn how to deal with his new powers of being the only nekhene cat in such a long time. At the same time he has to go through yet another forced separation! My heart constantly went out to him. It was truly fun to see him understanding his powers…though I wonder if he will still have more to learn? I guess we’ll just have to wait for the next book in this werepanther series!

I don’t know how Logan was able to stand being away from Jin for so long, and yet hang on to his humanity! Logan has to deal with Jin coming into his powers, keeping his family together, and trying to stay alive through the truly horrific sepatation.

I give this 5 stars! You really get to see how strong the chemistry is with Jin and Logan. How much they love not only each other but all their friends and family. Logan is so sweet, but with Jin it’s breathtaking!

Publisher: Dreamspinner Press

0 comments:

Post a Comment