Sunday, July 22, 2012

Loose Snow by Julia Talbot











Summary:


Jack and AJ had a thing once, but Jack wasn’t ready to settle down. They still work together at the Forestry Service, seeing each other every day, but the situation comes to a head when Jack encounters loose snow out on the trail, and gets caught in an avalanche. Will AJ see things differently after Jack’s brush with death?




 Reviewer: Reddragonfly


This was a very interesting and yet confusing story about Jack and AJ,  who just can’t seem to see eye to eye. They work together, even though emotions seem a bit strained. It left me feeling more confused than  anything else … 

AJ is older than Jack by a few years, but he’s looking for someone to spend the rest of his days with. They have a falling out where Jack proclaims he isn’t ready to settle down. But what got me so confused is why it seems that it’s Jack who is pining away for AJ. I thought Jack didn’t want to be in a steady relationship?  So now Jack has gotten himself into some serious trouble, while out checking on the trails he gets caught in an avalanche. He’s can only  hope AJ will make it in time! AJ gives off the feeling that he never really got over Jack. And yet, now we see AJ struggling to come to terms  with what happened to Jack, as he realizes he almost lost him. Yet … he  needs to rethink things? 

So yeah, in all, it was a bit confusing  (I feel like i'm repeating myself here now ). I couldn’t quite grasp the actual idea of the plot. I’ve only read a few of Julia Talbot’s books before this but I did enjoy them. I only wish it could have been longer. Maybe if we had more preamble for when AJ and Jack were first  together, leading up when they fell apart it wouldn’t have been so confusing. I  think it would have given the story more depth and the emotions would  have come through more. 

I give this 3 stars…even though it was  confusing at times, it was still a nice short story; maybe we can look  forward to a sequel later on? 




 Publisher: Torquere Press


Source:  Manic Readers

0 comments:

Post a Comment