Monday, June 18, 2012

The Stone Crow by Lori Green



Summary:

When gods break the rules, how can a woman on the run find salvation?

The god Morningstar has had a preacher steal the souls from his congregation with the intent of fighting Yehuda. Except Sara, the preacher's daughter, has stolen the souls and run away.

When the god Crow finds Sara, he offers to help her survive Morningstar's wrath and her father's vengeance. Only Crow never expected to fall in love...and Sara never knew how far gods would go to take what they consider theirs.

WARNING: Violent scenes and mentions of child abuse. Dark images that might haunt.



Reviewer: Dolce Amore
Sara, the daughter of a preacher, is different. And her father is evil.

I  can see people in a way that others can’t. I can’t tell nobody what I  know but God sketches his plans on people’s faces and I know where  they’re going. I know my Daddy calls himself a preacher but the Devil  has designed all over his skin.
My Daddy wants to destroy this earth. And I don't know how I'm going to stop him. 
When her father had stolen souls from his congregation, Sara takes them  and goes on the run. For eight years she had Tiny, a man who watched  her back during the long years. But now he is dead. And she has no one.  

  There is, however, Crow, a strange man who says he is a god who keeps  the balance between Yehuda and Morningstar, the god who creates and the  one who destroys. He tells her that if her father gets the souls for  Morningstar, the balance is disturbed and the universe will fold.  

She must free the souls and face her father and Morningstar.  

  I have to admit that I didn’t like the book very much. It wasn’t deep  and the characters and the story seem fake and unreal. Take the scene  where Sara tells her boss that a coworker is a bad person, and he  believes her, although the boss has known that man for years and she  just for a few days. It comes off implausible. I found the characters  had no depth, no personality. I give this read 2 stars.





Publisher: Lyrical Press
Review Courtesy Of: ManicReaders



0 comments:

Post a Comment